Destinations: Sarapiquí and Bajos del Toro
La Selva Biological Station is one of the fascinating rainforests on earth. Home of thousands of species including favorites such as Fer de Lance, Red-eyed Leaf Frog, Bullet Ants and many more.
Bosque de Paz is a marvelous hideaway, very little known to the general public except for keen birders, this extraordinary cloud forest is located between volcanoes and waterfalls. Lush evergreen forest waiting to be discovered, orchids, incredible beetles, rare frogs and so much yet to capture. Between comfort and wildness this is probably the best description of this private preserve.
Day by day Itinerary
Day 1. Departure from San Jose to Braulio Carrillo National Park is an hour’s worth of drive into the heart of one of Costa Rica’s natural treasures, 4 hours of a moderate to easy hike for capturing all we can see from lady bugs to Pit-vipers, a fantastic destination for flora macro photography as well. Dozens of leaf shapes, colorful flowers, tangled seeds and weird-looking seed pods. Next stop La Selva Biological Station.
After many hours of gathering wonderful images a well deserved lunch at your will be served. Time to charge the camera battery and repose for the night hike.
- Pick up time at the hotel 7:00 am
- Arrival to Braulio Carrillo, Quebrada Gonzales 8:30 am aprox.
- Lunch 13:00 at La Selva Biological Station.
- 15:30 Garden & forest exploring
- Dinner 18:30
- Nocturnal macro photography 19:30 – 21:30
Day 2. Breakfast and explore local trails. The most well-studied rainforest on earth, heaven for scientists, birders and nature photographers. Trail explorations until 10:00 am; continue our photographic journey to Bosque de Paz, a Forest of Peace and overwhelming biodiversity.
- Breakfast 7:30 am
- Lunch 1:00 pm at Bosque de Paz
- Explore hotel cloud forest
- Dinner 6:30 pm
- Night hike 7:30 – 9:30 pm
Day 3. Orchid Garden, lunch and follow to transfer back to San Jose.
- Breakfast 7:30 am
- Orchid Garden 8:30 am
- Lunch and check out 1:00 pm
- Drive to San Jose 1 ½ hours departure time
This journeys trip will focus on:
- Focal styles and focal points
- Recommended Aperture/DOF
- Suggested lighting systems
- Storyteller a journalist approach