Birding at Carara National Park
Carara National Park is transformed into a Paradise for bird lovers, of the 900 confirmed species that exist in Costa Rica, Carara and its surroundings can be found 431 of them. We can observe an amazing display of birds, both early in the morning tomorrow, as in the afternoon since it is located in a transition zone between the dry forest of the north and the humid forest of the south, presenting characteristics of both.
Among the resident species we can observe Great Curassow, Slaty-tailed Trogon, Gray-chested Dove, Band-tailed Barbthroat, Crowned Woodnymph, Blue-throated Goldentail Montezuma Oropendola, Turquoise-browed Motmot, Least Sandpiper, White Hawk, Yellow-throated Toucan, and migratory birds such as Summer Tanager and Western Tanager.
- 3 hours
- Entrance fees to Carara National Park
- Fruit Snack, Cookies and Water
- Professional Bilingual Guide
- Profesional Binoculars
What to Bring:
- Comfortable clothes.
- Tennis or closed sandals.
- Cameras are optional.
- Mosquito repellent
- Local transportation service is provided for an extra cost
- Children under 7 years old dont pay, from 8 years old they pay full rate.
- We provide professional
- Nikon equipment for extra cost